Monday, February 5, 2007

Thing 8 - Bloglines

The RSS thing...
I had a bloglines account already but was hardly ever using it - it's good to get back into it because it can make my life so much easier. I added a bunch of learning 2.0 blogs to my roll as well as a few other sites that I like. I'd like to spend more time exploring other blogs to find cool ones to add. Hopefully other learning 2.0 people will share their blog rolls and then I can steal their good ideas. Check out Gordola's Bloglines to see if you want to add any of mine to yours.

I am hoping that soon we will have RSS available on the SJLibrary website and catalog. We could use it for events postings, library news, new book alerts, account notices and other cool things. The library Elf site that Helene Blowers mentioned in the podcast makes a great case for libraries and RSS becasue it is already using available technology to keep library customers up to date on their checkouts and holds. One problem I have with this site is that they seem to have every library in the country on their List of Libraries but only a few of them don't say "beta" next to their name. So, has anyone out there tried this service yet? I would sign up with my Santa Clara County library card, but I almost never check out anything so it really wouldn't be worthwhile. Please comment if you have used library Elf.

tags: , ,

No comments: