Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thing 12 - Rollyo

The public domain eBooks search was very cool. I searched for Romeo and Juliet and found the Oxford Shakespeare full text of the play. This type of resourse could be very helpful in those situations where a student needs to read something right now but all copies are checked out. Of course, it would have to be in the public domain. I also tried searching for Dylan Thomas' "A Child's Christmas in Wales" because last year right before Christmas a customer came in looking for the audio version of the poem. We couldn't find it on the shelf, but then my esteemed supervisor said - "Isn't that in the public domain? You can find it online!" and we did, and you can too, at this site, but it doesn't come up in a search on the Rollyo search. Maybe if you knew the name of a book the poem appeared in? but maybe not?

I created a custom search in Rollyo to look for storytime ideas. Unfortunately, one of the sites I added is on geocities, and it appears that my search is searching the entire geocities site. hmmph. Anyway, I have added it to my blog sidebar thing. Over there ->

No comments: