Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thing 21 - podcasts

The Podcast thing...
I have been listening to podcasts for a couple months, since they are part of the Learning 2.0 exercises. I explored lots of podcasts from the podcast directories listed. Some of the podcasts didn't work on my computer at work, but I was able to listen to many different ones. I must confess that some were not library related. So I did search for library related podcasts and listened to some from Library Geek. Some were boring (ie, geeky), some interesting. I liked the podcasts from the Sunnyvale Public Library - it was cool to hear about the history of the valley. The Thomas Ford Memorial Library has a "click-a-story" program of podcasts; it's really fun even with the Illinois accent ;).

I added the feed for NPR's Fresh Air to my Bloglines account. That's one of my favorite shows on KQED, but don't always get a chance to hear it.

I'd love to be able to have our storytimes available as podcasts. At least then the kids (and parents) who can't make it when we offer them would be able to hear them from home.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Well thanks a lot for sharing such informative and comprehensive podcast with us. Well also try another great podcast directory and you will be really in WOW.